Woke up Sunday morning at the old house and briefly explained to Charles my desire to have the baby. My explanation included the fact that I needed to be settled into our new home and that today was going to be that day! We began immediately to load boxes and with the help of some wonderful friends we moved in all the essentials that day. I didn’t want to have to pack or unpack another thing until that baby arrived.
Of course we all had a difficult time sleeping that night being our first in our very own (super cozy btw) home.
The bath did not slow the process and after some time I knew that I was going to start pushing involuntarily very soon. No one was going to stop me! Charles tried to but was unsuccessful so he sat on the toilet and reviewed, “how to deliver a baby” during a few contractions.
Needless to say the midwife was on her way but did not make it in time to replace my amazingly, wonderful, supportive husband who, with my very own mother right behind him and the Good Lord above, caught his daughter as she entered into this world. We were all shaking and speechless with tears streaming down all of our faces.
Birth. Challenging, terrifying at times, yet Amazing Love in the end. How blessed we all were that early morning. Thank you God.
Her name is
No comments:
Post a Comment